"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mirrors.




One step, two step
with no resonating click. 
 No walls in my solitude
and no being beside me.
Yet, thousands surround me 
while I stand alone.

 
With smudged muck between every figure.
All one, of one complexion.


The glass wall, shielding me from forever
stands laughing as I stare.

And the single faint light from above
flickers from its final thread.

 



Yet a shout from that infinity
stops the beating heart for a moment.


The light has been outlived and shatters 
Showering darkness around the forgotten room.

But the floor quivers.
The voice from without grows louder. 
 

And the walls tremble, 
                 then fall in tinkling bliss.
The eternity is open, and the cheer emerges.


One step, two step.
The world is found.

2 comments:

  1. Wow really cool!! And the pictures are super cool too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I can't pick a favorite line, so instead...
    "Mirrors." #stolen

    ReplyDelete