"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Shut up heart.

It's sorta funny, when people tell me to listen to my heart. 
I try to, but my brain just says "shut up and think first"
I overthink everything and I'm never satisfied. 
It's basically a curse. 
Whyyyyy is it so difficult for me? 
I'm consumed by-no I'm controlled by fear. 
Fear of failure, fear if disappointment, fear of making a fool of myself. 
I can’t hear what my heart thinks because my brain won't be quiet for one short minute. 
Except maybe it's a good thing...not listening to what my heart might have to say. 
Cuz it might be setting me up.
Trying to hurt me.  
I've heard enough stories from people whose heart has been broken to the point of no return. 
I don't want that. 
It's like an iPhone. 
Once you break it, it's super difficult to fix. 
And even once you fix it.. it's never the same as it was when you first took it out of the box. 
So how about you shut up, Heart. I don't care what you have to say.  
For now I’d rather be safe than sorry. 

It's for your own good.

4 comments:

  1. "So how about you shut up, Heart. I don't care what you have to say.
    For now id rather be safe than sorry.
    It's for your own good."

    I really like this! Great post!

    And I over think everything as well, heck ya it is a curse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "for now i'd rather be safe than sorry"

    great way to wrap up the post! i know what you mean. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's never the same as when you first took it out of the box."
    I love this and it's soooooo true!

    ReplyDelete