"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Memories last forever.



I remember the good old days. I remember learning to tie my shoes. I remember telling scary stories in the closet under the stairs. I remember chasing the ice cream truck with no money in my pockets. I remember sleeping on the tramp~or even better, setting up a tent in the backyard and calling it "camping". I remember my imaginary friend who'd fly me to the moon. I remember Clear Creak. I remember playing little miss muffet in the first grade play(I rocked that role if I say so myself). I remember driving hours to my piano lessons from a julliard professor. I remember then quitting piano lessons. I remember my softball, tennis, and volleyball teams. I remember my first dance class. I remember watching my sisters all move out to college. I remember my first kiss. I remember gluing that kid to his chair~sorry 'bout that. I remember being the only girl who would play Yugio at recess. I remember what life was like before you got sick. I remember believing in santa, tooth fairy, and the easter bunny. I remember skip-its. I remember the tire swing that I never actually sat on. I remember my 5th grade teacher calling me Medusa~that bastard. I remember the monsters who lived under my bed. I remember saying my first bad word. I remember falling off the horse. I remember those hot summer days in Louisiana. I remember my secret hiding spot. I remember every mean word that boy said to me at age 11. I remember having to cancel my birthday party and my sister made a legit tea-party. I remember learning to ride a bike. I remember my old bunk bed. I remember having "secret clubs". I remember pretending to be asleep at my friends so I wouldn't have to go home. I remember stealing my sisters math textbooks because I thought math was fun. I remember lemonade stands. I remember my bruises. I remember playing volleyball over the fence with the neighbors on sunday because we technically weren't supposed to play with friends. I remember not knowing how to swim~that was only a year ago. I remember blanket forts. I remember filling up a bucket like a bubble bath, putting it on a skateboard then pulling my cousin around in it like she was a fancy lady in a bath tub. I remember how my grandma would smell on christmas. I remember cutting myself bangs. I remember when the baby alligator peed on my sister. I remember the first time I put on makeup. I remember the first day of elementary. and junior high. and high school. I could seriously go on for hours with this. I haven't thought about half of this stuff in so long! My new years resolution is to make memories that are worth remembering. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Such beauty and nostalgia, it's kinda overwhelming. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete