"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~Vince Lombardi

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Have you seen my glass slipper?









Once upon a time, I dreamed of being swept off my feet by my Prince Charming




Once upon a time, I dreamed of escaping this dull existence to go on daring adventures and live every day like it actually mattered






Once upon a time, I dreamed of a knight in shining armour defeating all the monsters in my mind, finally freeing me from all the criticism and insecurity i’ve been tormented with





Once upon a time, I dreamed of being a happy princess. What a deranged dream, right? Who’s happy nowadays?





Once upon a time, I dreamed.





Things are different now.





I’m full of the bitter taste of reality.





I’ve been told there’s no such thing as a happy ending.  There’s no such thing as fairy tales.





But I don’t want a knight in shining armour to come and fight my battles,
I don’t want all my problems to be fixed by a magic wand,
I don’t want to be constantly happy,





I will make things different. I want to make my own story. I want to have bad days so I can really appreciate the good. I want to fight my own battles and come out damaged but triumphant.


And I want to dream again.  





You should never agree to surrender your dreams. No matter what age, or how old you are... it's never too late to make your dream come true. Dreams are what keep you going.





Screw reality, I’m getting my fairy tale.





If all I am is one story…
it might not be like the disney stories,


but it’ll still be a damn good one.




And it’s just the beginning.


So tell me, have you seen my glass slipper?




1 comment:

  1. Yeah girl.
    "I want to fight my own battles and come out damaged but triumphant."
    I really respect you.

    ReplyDelete